Our General Igbo Language course is a practical course for motivated adults who want to develop their confidence in communicating in Igbo in a variety of situations. In small groups, you will develop your fluency and accuracy with realistic role-plays and real-life situations.
- Full-time (24 hours per week) or part-time (12 hours per week) options available to fit around your work, childcare or lifestyle commitments.
Do you have any questions?
Who is it for?
Our participants typically come from a wide range of backgrounds and an average of 70 nationalities per year.
- Would you like to add individual training to your course? Take a look at our General Igbo language Combination courses
My classes with Learn Igbo Language Institute were very helpful. My teacher always adapted herself to my specific needs, she understood very well what interested me. The conversations were very natural. The booking too was easy. I highly recommend Learn Igbo Language Institute.Emmanuelle
At the end of this Igbo Language course, you can expect to:
Speak more confidently
Communicate more accurately
Understand better the news and media
Use Igbo more effectively for work or travel
Deal with everyday situations like meeting people or booking a hotel
Have developed your reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
Morning and afternoon sessions will focus on helping you develop your general Igbo language skills through a variety of useful and engaging materials and activities. Every week will include:
- Grammar and vocabulary points selected by your trainer based on your needs and goals. You will practise these throughout the week
- A focus on speaking, with the majority of your classes designed to maximize your speaking time
- Extended fluency activities including discussions, role-plays and presentations. These will give you the opportunity to develop your speaking further and bring together the grammar, vocabulary and skills you have worked on during the week
- Listening and reading activities from a range of sources
- A focus on writing skills, for example formal and informal emails
- Pronunciation. This may be in the form of a dedicated lesson and/or connected to the grammar, vocabulary or skills you are studying
- Practical communication strategies, for example agreeing and disagreeing politely, interrupting, showing sympathy
- A focus on social and intercultural English
- Correction and productive feedback on your speaking and writing
During the course, you will also receive:
- Advice on the best ways to study, both in the classroom and outside
- An exploration of modern British culture
- Discussions and activities based on current news and media
For people who book more than 8 weeks, we have a dedicated support system to ensure that your needs are met throughout your time with us and that you continue to see progress in your skills. This extra support includes:
- Extra tutorials
- Personalised feedback
- We will communicate regularly with you so that any issues can be dealt with as quickly as possible and your experience is the best and most rewarding it can be.
Included in fees
Fees include training plus:
All course materials and resources
Three months access to Learn Igbo Language Institute Online platform
Detailed end of course progress report
Certificate of course completion
- Teacher: Anthony-Claret Onwutalobi